What are the Services Offered by Roofing Contractors?
Generally, roofing contractors can provide their clients with multiple services, most of these services pertain to the roof itself, but many also offer additional services for their client’s convenience. Depending on if the roofing contractor specializes in residential roofing, commercial roofing or both, the services will differ. Here we will outline the most popular services provided for each.
All residential roofs are not the same, some are sloped while others are flat, no matter your residential roof type, a residential shingle roofing contractor typically will support any of your roofing needs. These services include:
- Inspection of your roof to assess any damage from a recent wind storm or from aging.
- Repair of small isolated issues on your roof, for example lifting or missing shingles.
- Restoration of your roof, this includes cleaning your roof, and attending to any minor issues such as cracked or lifting shingles.
- Shingle replacement, if your shingles are coming close to the end of their life span, a roofing contractor will remove and dispose of the old shingles, prepare your roof and install new shingles.
- Emergency Repair, when the unexpected occurs most roofing contractors will be ready to help out with your leaky roof, or repair any damage caused by last night’s storm.
- Gutters, downspouts, and soffit border your roof and work to move any water runoff from your roof away from your home. These items are all considered and integral parts of an effective roofing ecosystem.
Like residential roofing companies, commercial roofing companies provide their clients with a wide array of options to help maintain the strength and durability of their commercial roof. These Services include:
- Maintenance Packages, as most commercial roofs are flat, debris and dirt collect on the top of the commercial structure. Commercial roofing contractors will offer a scheduled maintenance package that includes cleaning the roof and inspecting for any signs of potential issues.
- Repairing small sections of a large commercial roof is common, as long as the issue is isolated. Many of these issues arise in areas where water collects or rests leading to damage or aging quicker than other areas of the roof.
- Roof Replacement, over time all commercial roofs will need to be replaced. There are several options when replacing your flat commercial roof:
TPO & EPDM Roofing – This is a synthetic rubber roofing membrane used primarily on low sloped roofs.
Tar Roofing – Made of several layers of waterproof materials adhered together with hot tar and covered with a layer of mineral aggregate.
Torch Down Roofing – One of the most durable roofing materials out there, it is made of strong membrane connected to a thick layer of asphalt and laid down on flat roofs with high heat from a torch.
- Emergency Service is offered for commercial buildings to help repair any unexpected leaks or damage.
Not all roofing contractors offer the above-mentioned services, and some may even offer additional services that may or may not be related to your roof. No matter what type of service you are looking for, you should always work with a licensed and insured roofing contractor. Available Roofing is proud to offer all of the above services, we are licensed and insured, and offer a warranty that covers manufacturing defects and workmanship. Let us assist with all of your Oakville roofing and GTA roofing needs, call today 905-517-2253.